Monday, April 16, 2012

Celebrating Two Years of Charlotte!



Everyone says that it goes way too fast, to take in every precious moment, and not look forward to the next thing too much.  And I took all this to heart, but this last week was one that kind of hit me too quick.  All of a sudden we have this amazing little girl, not a baby, she almost seems older than a toddler at times.  She talks in full sentences (although sometimes the words do run all together), she sits by herself and reads, colors, plays without needing our provoking of how to do things, she picks out most of her own meals (within some sort of reason and choices), and almost needs a haircut.  Alright, I know, the haircut thing is a bit due, but I seem to have a hard time actually taking her in, even to just trim her bangs.  (It is on my list of things to do, when I have time...hmmm, when is that?)  What is funny, is how sometimes it just hits you out of left field - Charlotte turning two hit me when I got my weekly baby development email telling me that I made it - I made it through babyhood and moved on to the toddler stage.  For this site, it means that I do not get my email every week telling me what other kiddos her age are doing in their development.  I have to say, I would always read the emails on Thursday mornings which would start out with "Your 107 week old ...." and would make fun of it to Steve, so happy that we were past the stage of giving Charlotte's age in weeks.  But then, I hadn't really thought about how it would be when the rest of the world recognized that she wasn't a baby anymore either.


So now on to the fun for her birthday.  Steve and I decided that we wanted to do another birthday at home that would be relaxing for the parents/grandparents/friends and family and fun for the kids.  We went big and invited all of Charlotte's friends from daycare, who she just loves dearly.  And since we can still get away without having a Barney themed party (OK that wasn't really on Char's list, but we could escape princesses at least one more year), we went with the whole Spring theme.  Lots of bright primary colors and lots of flowers.  Each kiddo got to plant a flower and make a M&M/Skittle favor, but we really lucked out on the beautiful weather that day. (Another blog to come with details.)  We went pretty classy and hung out in the garage (please not the sarcasm) where the kiddos were able to run in and out to enjoy the sun, while the adults hung out and had  a beer/wine/water/milk box.  I think we all had a good time.  The real hit was Grammy and Grampy Nass treated Charlotte to a Barbie Jeep, yes, the kind that actually drives.  They drove up with it in the back of the truck and all the kiddos, most little ladies, were soooooo excited.  But the best part is that Grammy and Grampy didn't realize that the battery needed to charge for sixteen hours before use.  This meant that Charlotte spent much of her party in her jeep with a friend next to her, while all the others pushed them around the yard.  Again...classy!

A Jeep...a real jeep (almost)

Getting a push

Lunch time

Kisses from mom and dad

Her face was awesome when we sang happy birthday and then we all sang "to Charlotte," she had not idea it was for her before that moment.  It was classic.

Can I eat it now?

Charlotte and Elizabeth enjoying a cupcake

Present time, I thing she was genuinely worried they were going to take her ball away...


Chasing Bubbles

Jammie time with our friends from Portland

BIG WHEELS from Gama and Bampa Spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment