Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sneak Peek

So I know this blog tends to be mostly about our little lady, but many people are very interested to hear about my latest adventure to visit my sister in Kenya.  My mom, my step-dad and I took off for a two week journey to see my sister's Peace Corps site, go on safari to see the Kenya wildlife, and finally a quick stop in Amsterdam on our way home.  It was a whole different kind of family vacation - forget the good old road trips in the mini-van without A/C.  Here are a couple of pics that I want to share.  I hope to spend some time putting thought in a few posts to tell the stories of where we were and what all we did.
Kikamba Welcome Dance

Some of the kiddos Andrea works with

Amboseli is known for its elephant population

Beautiful Sunset

Never got old seeing giraffes look at you

 Hiking at Hell's Gate (not much wildlife there)

 Lake Nakuru (a bird watchers paradise, not my paradise)

Cheetahs cleaning themselves after eating

Lion Honeymoon

Loved the zebras

Ahhh - sisters on safari

Cool wall in Amsterdam

 After climbing a bell tower

And, it is ALWAYS all about the kiddos






No comments:

Post a Comment