Thursday, December 30, 2010

First Steps?

We aren't sure if this really counts but Char definitely took a couple of steps all on her own tonight, and even more amazing, I was actually video-ing at the time.  I was trying to capture her cruising down the side of the coffee table as she has done for a week or so already.  I love how she uses one hand and maneuvers around toys and feet to "walk" around the table.  But while she was on her way toward me, she just turned and went toward my knee instead.  Steve and I just looked at each other in disbelief.  I stopped the video too soon to show her face, but she was very proud and excited.  We knew it wasn't going to be long as she has been trying for the past week.  Before tonight she would take one step and then down she'd go.  Her favorite thing to pass the time is to just walk around the house holding our fingers or just one of our hands (usually because she has a ball or Weeble in her other hand).  We are curious to see how it goes tomorrow - perhaps she will have this walking thing in the bag or she will be back to the one step and down.  Until then - here is the video.

1 comment:

  1. She never ceases to impress! I think that totally counts :)

    ReplyDelete