We had a fabulous long weekend celebrating the fourth of July. On Saturday, I had another shopping trip with my mom (I think this was the allotted second per year where she is interested in shopping) to prepare for our big trip in a couple of weeks. It was pretty hot out so we decided to meet up with Steve and Charli for some swimming. Then, just the three of us (Steve, Char and I) went to the local baseball game. We had general admission tickets and posted up on a blanket in the home run yard. Steve and I enjoyed hot dogs and beer, ice cold beer. What's better than that at a baseball game?!?!? Charli just wandered around and met new friends. Another little girl taught her how to growl - which was a little awkward at first but then kind of cute. There were fireworks after the game however the game was taking forever! When it was already 10:30 and the game was tied at the top of the 9th, we knew we couldn't keep Char up until the fireworks. On Sunday, we went to the annual Fourth of July BBQ at Steve's parents' house, which was fabulous. Lots of food and family and laughs. and on the last day fo the weekend, the fourth itself - Steve, Char and I stayed home for most of the day. We washed the new car for the first time and played in the kiddie pool in the yard. Then while Char took a nap, Steve and I just hung out on the back patio enjoying mojitos and BBQ. Later that day, we went to my parents to see G.G. (great grandma). Here are a couple of pictures, I wasn't all that great about taking pictures all weekend but there are some highlights.
BBQ at Grammy and Grampy Nass'
All smiles
Washing - she was a big help with the wheels (got to love the little fingers)
Soaping up
Rinsing off
She is very serious about getting things clean
Cooling off
Enjoying the sun and water
She's always stylin'
Helping pot a basil plant (which I have kept alive for over a week)
Time for tea
Grandpa's make the best tea dates
No comments:
Post a Comment