Sunday, April 17, 2011

The first year is over...

So Steve and I joke that since we made it through the first year, we must be experienced parents (ha!) and the rest is just easy sailing from here (again, ha!).  But really, we are shocked at how amazing this first year has been.  We have had so much fun, even the long nights in the beginning weren't so bad (hmm, isn't that just a mom talking?!?!?).  I think we both knew this is what we wanted, to have a family, but I feel we didn't realize how absolutely entertaining it is to have a little one around.  When I was pregnant, we made sure to go out to dinner and go see movies every chance we got (I hear people still see movies in the theatre) because we knew it would be awhile before we would be out and about again.  But what we didn't realize is that we wouldn't really miss it, we are perfectly entertained by Char, from watching her try to roll over on her own, her giggles, crawling, beginning to walk, riding her truck around and now figuring out where to hide all her toys.  Yep, we are those parents, completely wrapped up by this little lady and all she does.  Below is the picture series of Char growing over the first eleven months.   As you will see, it was harder and harder to get little miss to sit still long enough that the sheep became much more of a toy than a prop.   More to come the first birthday celebrations.

One Month

Two Months

Three Months

Four Months

Five Months

Six Months

Seven Months 

Eight Months 

Nine Months 

Ten Months

Eleven Months

One Year Old!




1 comment:

  1. What a special little girl....Your photos and reflections are precious!! Thank you for sharing!! Love & Blessings Lyn Mellon

    ReplyDelete